Best Ways to Prepare for Tests and Exams
If you are in school, you have to be ready to do different exams. Teachers give students exams to test them and know whether they understand or not. Students should know what teachers want to test so that they can know the essence of exams. There are certain things you should think about every time you have an exam. Exams help students in numerous ways, not only to get good grades.
Reasons why tutors give exams to students
- Students get a chance to do exams so that they can be graded and at the same time evaluated. It also gives teachers an easy time to identify whether students understand the subjects or not.
- Exams motivate students to study hard. Most learners read when they are almost doing their exams. It is the best way to make students concentrate on their books other than other irrelevant.
- Exams help students in improving their understanding. Online test takers for hire can see things from different perspectives, and that helps them get better grades for you. Exams are an activity that makes students active.
- It allows both learners and teachers to identify mistakes. You don’t get to correct their mistakes while teachers identify the areas where students are weak. It allows students to get help from the teachers so that they can improve and get better.
- Most teachers evaluate themselves with how the students performed. If the learners perform well in a subject, it tells you that you are good at what you’re doing. If your learners’ fail your subject most of the time, you will have to pull up your socks.
- Most institutions are always eager to know the students’ performance to know what to consider and what not to put first.
- When students take exams, it is easy to know their qualifications and skills.
What to assess
- The questions you set for your students will give you the chance to assess their knowledge and ability.
- You can test how your learner’s reason by knowing the solution they come up with. It also helps in improving their reasoning skills because they can use them in the future.
- You get to evaluate the communication skills of the learners by how they express themselves. It doesn’t matter if it is by writing an essay or showing mathematical proof. As you know, communication skills are vital, and they can use them in many places.
- You get an opportunity to know how your students think with the answers they write. It is perfect for students to think before they provide any answer.
Ways of deciding what to test
You have to be careful with what you test because you cannot set something that is not in the syllabus. The exam you test shouldn’t have everything that is in the course. Several ways you can set the exams:
- You can consider setting questions from different topic
- You can choose to go through your notes and look for key concepts
- You can go through both the headings and subheadings of the notes that you have given them
Qualities of an effective exam
- It allows the learners to show whatever they have learned. There is no way you can set questions that you have not taught and expect students to answer. It allows students to think critically before coming up with a solution or an answer.
- Each time you choose to give the same exam, two similar learners should get the same grade or more.
- The questions should be relevant at all times:
- You have to mix your questions and test different topics. Students are good different topics. Cannot expect questions from the same topic and expect students to pass. As a teacher, you have to be considerate when setting exam questions.
- You have to set the questions in a way that students can get marks.
- You have to know that students answer questions differently. There is no need to be biased. If numerous students make spelling mistakes, you either have to penalize them or give them marks. There is no need to be biased because each student is fighting to be on the top at the end of the day.